Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Vegan Cupcakes by Chef Chloe























I had the opportunity to talk cupcakes with Cupcake Wars winner, Chloe Coscarelli! I am pretty excited to see a Vegan cupcake baker kick some butt on the Food Network! I intend on trying her Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake recipe! Looks delicious!

1. Who is your biggest inspiration in the baking world? And why did you choose cupcakes?
Candace Nelson of Sprinkles cupcakes is my biggest inspiration as a pastry entrepreneur. It was thrilling to have her enjoy my cupcakes! I love cupcakes because they are individual bites of goodness.

2. What is your secret to making vegan cupcakes delicious?
I do tons of recipe testing to make sure that I can make my cupcakes taste as good as, if not better, than traditional cupcakes. I use high quality ingredients like Valrhona cocoa, Madagascar Vanilla, and imported Italian Espresso. Oh, and coconut milk is my secret to a moist cupcake.

3. Would you ever compete in something like Cupcake Wars again?
Competitions are lots of fun, so who knows what's in store for the future!

4. What is your favorite cupcake flavor, and why?
Anything chocolate. I'm a chocoholic for sure. My favorite cupcake is probably my Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Recipe, which you can find on my blog at www.chefchloe.com. Let me know how you like it!

3 comments:

  1. Vegan cake in general is amazing, it actually tastes better to me than regular cake. Great post!

    FourthGradeNothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy Chloe won! I was cheering for her during the entire episode. She just seemed so sweet and her cupcakes looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete