Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fantastic Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies!









During the month of October I love adding Reese's Pieces to just about any recipe. To me, they scream Halloween! One of my all time favorite recipes to do that with is my peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie recipe. This is the fool proof, always delicious cookie recipe I turn to!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 T vanilla extract
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup of Reese's Pieces (optional)
  1. Cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars until light. Add the egg and mix until fluffy. Add vanilla.
  2. Blend the flour, baking powder, soda and salt together well. Add these dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Add the chocolate chips.
  3. Drop cookie dough onto lightly greased baking sheets. (I normally use a floured tablespoon)
  4. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375°.
  5. My extra tip is leave your cookies on the baking sheets for an additional 2 minutes after taking out of oven. They settle nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment