This is one of the yummiest Irish Soda Bread recipes! I enjoy it with spreadable butter and a warm cup of tea! It's a bit sweeter than traditional Irish Soda Bread, but that is why I love it. Enjoy!
IRISH SODA CAKE
* 2 cups flour
* 1 cup granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling on top
* 3 tsp baking powder
* ½ tsp. baking soda
* ½ tsp. salt
* 2 eggs
* 2 tsps. melted butter
* 1 cup buttermilk
* raisins optional (golden raisins are yummy too!)
1. Make wet dough: mix salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour and sugar. Beat eggs lightly and add melted butter and buttermilk.
2. Mix all together.
3. Grease a cake pan (I use a round cake pan) and spoon batter in.
4. Before putting in the oven, generously sprinkle sugar on top and with a floured knife, make an X shape in the dough (allows air to release).
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!